Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fish are friends...not mummies.

So, living by myself sometimes gets a bit lonely (even though I have friends right down the hall), and since I'm not allowed to have common companion animals like a cat, dog, horse, elephant, those common pets, I've thought about getting a FISH! Easy right? wrong. I have a slight history when it comes to owning fish. If we lived in a world where fish were like humans, I'd be in prison for murder. Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible about my previous attempts at owning these lovely aquatic creatures, but I just can't seem to...ummmm...how should I say this...keep the darn things alive!! Quick stroll through memory lane, I had a bit of an affinity for fishies when I was little. I think at one time I had 14 goldfish. Then one by one they started to die! So instead of having a burial ceremony every other day, I would carefully mummify them in layers of Kleenex and scotch tape and pop 'em in the freezer. Then when I had enough, I'd conduct a mass funeral in my yard. I would write each of their names on a piece of bark for the flower bed, and say a few choice words of endearment over their little mummified bodies. Poor things. I actually think that fish are kinda of hard pets to have! I mean, other pets know when to stop eating right? fish don't. Overfeed one night and they're belly-up the next! But I think I am ready to take the next step and try to be a fish owner once more. :) I know it won't be for a few weeks yet, but hopefully the newest member of my family will arrive soon...and hopefully STAY part of my family. *fingers crossed*

Also, I am clueless on what to name my future fish friend! Ideas are highly welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment